Thursday, March 19, 2009

Buck Up Little Camper

I have reached the home stretch, I do believe. They call it the 35/5 mark on the coolest of pregnancy websites. That means 35 days left or 35 weeks along or 5 weeks left or something along those lines. I thought weeks 37-40 were miserable but I am slowly remembering it is more accurately the final 7 weeks that are miserable. Lots of discomfort and some pains, belly turning rock solid and plenty of pitty parties for myself. Only I'm usually the only one attending.


Yes, it's time to suck it up and just ride this journey to the end. My husband helped me realize this, actually. It wasn't exactly a pleasant lesson, but one I needed, nonetheless. I was getting all tied up in all the aches and pains and fatigue and added pounds and extra pimples and not liking much of this pregnant thing at all. Though he didn't exactly say it to me this way (he is a smart man), it's time to buck up. I know that I am lucky. I am extremely lucky. I am truly blessed not only to have this child growing inside me at all, but also to be so relatively healthy and able to even endure all of this. I am lucky to be getting jabbed in my ribs, my hip bones, and out my belly button. I am lucky to be sharing this with my kids who can understand and appreciate and have true wonder and awe with what is happening before their eyes. I am lucky to have a husband who puts up with a roller coaster of hormones, emotions, tears and moods and then finally to know when I need nothing short of a kick in the arse to suck it up and hoe the road ahead of me. Thank you, honey. I didn't know it then, but I know it now. That's just what I needed... I love you more than you will ever know.


CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats