Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lotsa Pics


I uploaded a bunch of pics on the Slide show (above)....what we've been up to lately. Halloween festival, air show, soccer, river walks, Trick-or-Treat, and more Halloween. I could kick myself for not taking my camera with me today because we went to White Sands "on a whim" and had a blast. It was so quite and really pretty as the weather was perfect at about 70 deg. The contrast of the white sand and the blue sky is amazing and the mountains look purple in between it. We could hear the kids feet on the sand as they ran hundreds of yards away from us and to hear their tiny voices at such a distance was bizarre. Watching Reese run down the dunes with no one else in my view reminding me of my Little Prince and I wondered if he had all the answers. Some quality time with the huz was also in order...thanks, sweetie. I'll take an uninterrupted conversation anytime, anywhere.


Riding home as the sun set and the full moon rose above the horizon, I thought about Chase. I wondered what he looked like. My image of Reese at 6 months pops into mind and I long for that relationship again. At this age Reese's eyes seemed to focus only on me. He could spot me from across a room and would fixate on me....his eyes following my every move. There was no doubt who his favorite person was (or maybe he was just hungry all the time had something else on his mind!). I wonder if Chase would have needed me like that. Or maybe he would have gotten so much attention from his siblings that I would actually get to sit back and watch some of develpment instead of having it happen while I was holding him (it seemed that way with Reese, anyway!). I stared at the moon and I wondered if Chase was looking at the same moon, just a different angle. I read somewhere this weekend that maybe the stars aren't really stars at all but rather little windows to what is on the other side. And they are showing us all the joy that they are having up there watching over us. Maybe Chase is up there looking at us right now. I just wish I could see him. I miss him so much. We had fun, little man. But oh, what it could have been if you were here........

5 comments:

  1. We saw the same moon...absolutely amazing...and I thought of you and sweet Chase. I like the idea of the stars being windows....no doubt Chase is watching over you all! I'm so glad you had some unplanned quality time together...ALL of you :)

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "wonder" all the time too. It is probably something we will always do. I think our angels are looking over us and our families and I look for signs everywhere. Your picture is wonderful!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special day. I'm sure Chase was there running around with the other kids, enjoying every moment of it. I love days like that...where you can just escape it all, even just for a bit. Lots of *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I really like that thinking of stars. Thanks for sharing that!! I'm glad you all had a great time together. I love those fun moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christy,

    Your posts have me in tears. You write so beautifully!! HUGS and love to you!!

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Stats