Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Song for Chase

I made a new playlist when I found this song. I could literally curl up in a ball somewhere and listen to it over and over again all day long. I read on Sally's blog that Annie Lennox had given birth to a stillborn so I googled it to find out more about it. Patric really likes the Eurythmics and I wanted to listen to her music again with the new ears that I have. Every part of me has changed since I lost Chase...especially what I hear when I listen to the same songs I have listened to for years. Now they seemed to have a whole new meaning.
Love Song For A Vampire
Come into these arms again and lay your body down
The rhythm of this trembling heart is beating like a drum
It beats for you it bleeds for you it knows not how it sounds
For it is the drum of drums it is the song of songs
Once I had the rarest rose that ever deemed to bloom
Cruel winter chilled the bud and stole my flower too soon
Oh loneliness Oh hopelessness
to search the ends of time
For there is in all the world no greater love than mine.
Love o love o .... still falls the rain
Love o love o .... still falls the night
Love o love o .... damned forever
Let me be the only one to keep you from the cold
Now the floor of heaven is laid the stars are bright as gold
They shine for you they shine for you they burn for all to see
Come into these arms again and set this spirit free

3 comments:

  1. I love Annie Lennox. I forgot she had a stillborn baby. Thanks for reminding me of her wonderful music. I too hear songs differently. Everything is filtered through the loss of my sweet girls. I wish we could go back and change this troubled heart we carry with us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those words are so powerful. Thinking about you and your Chase. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mom I just wanted to let you know that you are the most special and important person to me (and so is the rest of our family) and I don't think I could ever do what you have done because you have to just deal with our bad atitudes and you still forgive us. I love you so much and I hope that all six of us will get to reunite with each other in heaven. LOVE YOU!!! XOXOXOXO!! EJ

    ReplyDelete

Stats