I've been given an Honest Scrap award by Kristy at I Love You To The Moon and Back. Thank you, Kristy, for comforting me with your supporting comments on my blog and sharing your thoughts and story for other grieving mothers to relate.
This award is for bloggers who write honestly from their heart, from the depth of their soul. There are some simple rules to accept this award. Firstly, pass the award on to 7 other bloggers and secondly, list 10 honest and hopefully interesting things about yourself.
SO, I pass on the Honest Scrap award to the following bloggers:
Tina at Living Without Sophia and Ellie
Heather at Two in Heaven, One on Earth
Franchesca at Handprints from Heaven
CLC at Please Give Me Back My Heart
Kristy at Have You Seen My Sanity
Rachel at Three Butterflie and a Monkey
Sarah at Footprints of Angels
10 things about me...
1. I like to make jewelry in my spare time but never had any luck selling it. Don't seem to have much spare time to do it, anyway.
2. I tried out for a WNBA team in the league's inagural year. (Of course I didn't make the team or I most definitely would have mentioned that part, too.)
3. In my life before kids, I hunted, fished and enjoyed the great outdoors with my husband. Now, I choose to take care of the kids and spend time with my sisters while he does that stuff with my dad.
4. I took up running in 5ks and 10ks competitively about 7 years ago and had some goals left unattained. I haven't competed since I got pregnant with Chase and though I have started running again, not sure if I will ever compete again. Can't really explain it, but I just don't want to. Something has changed in me that doesn't spark that desire anymore.
5. I learned in my 30s that family is the most important thing in my life and always will be. Friends that are true friends will gladly take second place and will then and only then, understand me.
6. I also learned in my 30s that marriage is hard work....but worth every second of it. There were some rocky roads along the way, but about a year before Chase was born, we became rock solid. When Chase died, though our lives were shattered, our marriage would only become stronger. I am so very thankful for having Patric by my side throughout this entire journey.
7. I love to take cooking classes but struggle to cook at home. I don't like to follow recipes. AND I love to bake.
8. I do not enjoy watching TV for the most part but my favorite thing to do is watch a movie in the movie theater with my kids and huz.
9. My favorite thing in the world is a picnic with my kids.
10. I love pizza--especially in Chicago!