Friday, June 22, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Risk

Linking up with The Gypsy Mama today to participate in this week's word:  Risk.  This is where we get to write what comes to mind; unedited. For just five minutes.

GO:

Risk

Life is full of risks.  We take some, we pass on some, and we live with the choices we make.  Ten years ago I would have said my greatest risks were deciding to be a stay-at-home mom and taking the financial plunge to allow me to work from home.  I got a return on my investment.  Tenfold.  That was one of the smartest decisions I ever made and though it was risky leaving a full-time job with benefits, I have never looked back wishing I had done it differently.

I would not consider myself a gambler, at all actually.  But I have married a man who yearns for calculated risk and considers risks not taken as opportunities lost rather than resisting temptations.  Together we have come a long way.  We've had our peaks and valleys and ridden through a lot of bumps, a LOT of bumps, along the way.  We've diverted our paths and our journey has changed in ways we never conceived.  These have all made me who I am and made us who we are.

These are traits I already see in our little ones.  I hope more than anything, they seek us out when facing some of their risks.  We can't make any tough decisions for them.  But we can make them see things a little clearer.

STOP

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful risk you took...more than staying home, risking yourself in order to pass the courage on to your children - lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree..staying at home as a full time mom is a risk! The best risk I have ever taken and the rewards are tremendous! Love ya and can't wait to see y'all next month! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stats