Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer Days...

We had a great week camping at the lake with my family.  The kids had a great time, I had constant "sister time" and the guys got to fish and jet ski and nap.  True vacation!  We explored Colorado a little more and found some really neat things.  I love the farm houses where you can go pick your own vegetables.  And I LOVE the fresh sweet corn.  Lots of stuff to do and lots of places to go.  And always something new to find.

I enjoyed the time away, but I miss Chase badly when we are on those kinds of trips.  I absolutely adore my little nephew.  He is about 8 weeks now and so fun.  I changed his diaper and thought to myself how I would so love to do have done this for Chase...or one day for our own baby.  I know--I thought I was so done with diapers!  I imagined Chase running around after the kids and chasing Kate.  It's always going to be hard....and so is life.  Even though there is so much to enjoy....this is so much to yearn for, too.

It's nice to be home.  We have lots to do...unpacking for one.  Then school for another.  Then work.  Then hopefully a huge garage sale!  

I miss you, little man.  Thinking of you always.  Love, mommy

3 comments:

  1. I've read of several who have recently traveled and the story seems to be the same for all who've lost our sweet little ones. Traveling, in some strange sort of way, deepens the ache a little. My own thought on this is that because traveling and vacationing is the epitome of family time, we become very sensitive to the missing family member.
    Warm gentle hugs to you.
    Karol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christy. First, I have to say I am so sorry I have not been here, reading. You have had so much going on, and I so sorry to read of your daughter's accident, but I'm glad she's on the mend.
    I missed Chase's first birthday, and I am sorry for that too. :( I get so wrapped up in grief sometimes that I just have to step back. It's no excuse and I feel awful for missing these things (with you and everyone else who has been there to support me).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted "sister time". I am so glad that you have that...through the good and bad.

    Glad that you are home safely. Next years vacation will be much better.

    Hugs,
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete

Stats