Friday, August 6, 2010

Rainbows and sweet moments


Patric & I went to Albuquerque yesterday, just us two. We had appointments and then we had a nice late lunch before we headed home. It was a really good day. The kids stayed with a dear friend which allowed us to have this day, worry-free and kid-free. I know we need more of this kind of time together but when we do get it, I am so incredibly thankful and feel so blessed to be spending the time together. We had a long drive so we had plenty of time to talk and, being woman, this is important to me. ;) Patric is my best friend and my soul mate and I am so fortunate to have him. We don't always agree on things but that's part of marriage and any relationship for that matter. Being able to discuss our life dreams, plans for our family, our kids and how we are raising them with the man whom I am forever in love with makes me the happiest girl in the world. I never would have gotten this far on this journey without him. We have obviously had a tough life together so far, but I wouldn't have chosen a different one if I could have. I am with who I want to be with doing what I want to do (for the most part!) and we are blessed. On our way home we saw the brightest rainbow I have ever seen and I think
if we would have veered just a little bit off the road, we could have found the pot of gold! When I told Karly about this rainbow, she smiled and said Chase was just so happy for us, that's why it was so pretty. I like to think that, too. He was with us and is with us, every step of the way.

6 comments:

  1. So glad you and Patric had a nice time together. It is hard to make time to be alone, but it is so imprtant. And the rainbow...what a sweet gift from Chase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you and Pat had a chance to reconnect! Perfect picture! KJ is SO right!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you were able to have some time together. The rainbow is just lovely. What a sweet gift from Chase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely surprise from Chase. <3 Anytime I see a rainbow, I cannot help but smile and think of Sophie. I always say those are her signs to me. <3

    Glad you and Patric had a nice time out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How incredibly profound!!!!

    Hugs,
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made the tears well up in my eyes! :'( Chase is watching you from the heavenly clouds. He's a beautiful angel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Stats